VALUES AND ASSETS
In order to achieve a position of research and advocacy leadership, Finance Think fosters an atmosphere of intellectual excitement among researchers, policymakers and the greater community. We challenge researchers to pursue the discovery of new knowledge. We recognize that research inquiry fuels creative analytics, which fuels the intellectual atmosphere of the research process.
If there is one attribute that distinguishes Finance Think from all of the nation’s research institutions, it is the interconnectedness – the interactivity – of the institute with the society and the international community. We believe that research centers are most viable when they are interactive, when they reflect and respond to the problems and challenges of their societies.
Finance Think is guided by the following principles and values:
Research application, quality and ethics
- The research agenda is concordant and integrated with mission of the institute, while researchers are aligned with the strategic goals governing the research environment and funding mechanisms.
- Research is applied, innovative, policy-oriented and of high quality.
- Research is interdisciplinary and collaborative.
- Researchers focus their research for the good of society and the living standard, as well for expanding the frontiers of scientific knowledge, while enjoying the freedom of thought and expression, and the freedom to identify methods by which problems are solved, according to recognized ethical principles and practices.
Outreach and inclusiveness
- The results and findings are widely disseminated in such a way that they can be understood by non-specialists, thereby improving the public’s understanding of the economy, policies and reforms.
- The institute provides a cooperative and nurturing professional environment, recognizing all employees as professionals and not committing any type of discrimination.
Transparency and efficiency
- Finance Think manages its operations in a cost-efficient manner, and focuses on outcomes and impact. It gratefully recognizes the support it receives and is keen on delivering value-for-money in the pursuit of its mission.
- Finance Think’s policies and procedures are transparent.
- The internal and external evaluation of Finance Think’s activities is frequent and transparent.
Finance Think is endowed by the following assets:
Independence. Finance Think has the legitimacy of an independent, impartial economic think tank. It has no institutional or political affiliation, and its only dedication is to serve its mission.
Leadership and operational experience. Finance Think has accumulated strong and diverse leadership and operational experience in managing national and regional research programs and working with individuals and institutions across the country and the region. The leadership and operational capacity is sourced in first-class economists leading and working for the think tank.
Employees. Finance Think has a small, competent and versatile team. It is a nimble structure whose role is to initiate, coordinate and facilitate research-based work, and to learn from Finance Think’s past operations and experience, as well from a network of experts and associates.
First-class and diverse Advisory Board. Finance Think has a first-class, diverse Advisory Board. Finance Think’s governance structure strengthens its independence and focus on quality.
Partnerships and global network. Finance Think builds on a strong domestic, regional and global network. It is the founder of FISCAST, a CSO network on fiscal accountability and transparency and has many local and regional network partners, thus combining local and global reach.
Public image. Finance Think enjoys a reputation of balanced, credible and open-minded institution in the public discourse, media and the policymakers. Its opinions expressed in the public debate are understood only through the lenses of competence and are hence propagated through a diversity of channels.