The overall goal of the project is to improve the delivery of social services at the local level by increasing the capacities of local stakeholders and involving citizens in this process in the municipalities of Prilep and Dolneni.
The short-term objectives of the project are:
- To analyze and monitor the provision of social services from local public institutions in all aspects (hence, 360 degrees monitoring), with a key emphasis on the PI Inter-municipal Center for Social Work – Prilep.
- To understand the extent to which the provision of public services is assisted by the private and civil sector.
- To assess the level of cooperation of local stakeholders and public institutions in delivering social services.
- To understand the perceptions and experiences of the local population regarding the delivery of social services.
- To encourage local policy-makers to make informed decisions based on evidence.
- To strengthen the capacities of all stakeholders for better delivery of social services.
- To increase public awareness about the impact of social services on personal and social well-being.
Duration: November 2018 – March 2019
Donor: European Union through the Foundation Open Society Macedonia and Eurothink