The overall goal of the project is an ex-post assessment of the impact of the changes in the Minimum Wage Act on the system (the economy) and the main stakeholders (workers and employers).
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To assess the impact of the increased and equalized minimum wage on employment and living standards;
- To assess the impact of the increased and equalized minimum wage on the Budget of the Republic of Macedonia;
- To document the space and forms for (non) compliance with the Minimum Wage Act, as well as the difficulties in its implementation, and to qualitatively assess the repercussions;
- To encourage policy makers to make informed decisions based on appropriate evidence-based analysis and recommendations;
- To increase public awareness of the changes in the Minimum Wage Law, their impact and the need for their abiding;
- To educate workers about their labor rights in order to reduce the pressures and compromises they are subject to when paying the minimum wage.
Duration: January – December 2018
Donor: Institute for Democracy “Societas Civilis” – Skopje