The aim of this project is to assess the risk of poverty imposed by the Covid-19 crisis, with special reference to the groups most at risk, and to raise awareness of the use of the measure to facilitate entry into the system of guaranteed minimum assistance.
Specific objectives include:
- To evaluate / simulate the effect of the Covid-19 crisis on poverty, with special reference to gender poverty;
- To make a qualitative assessment of the effect of the Covid-19 crisis on the target groups: women and youth at social risk, informal workers, recipients of social assistance and Roma;
- To assess the fiscal implications of the measure for relaxation of the criteria for obtaining guaranteed minimum assistance;
- To raise awareness of the eased entry into the system for guaranteed minimum assistance;
- To propose measures for evidence-based policies, with potentially narrower targeting of the target groups.
Donor: The Government of North Macedonia
Duration: July – December 2020