The main goal of the project is to generate evidence and foster a policy dialogue for the food and energy insecurities in the Western Balkan economies pertinent to four key fronts: household livelihoods, firms’ competitiveness, fiscal space and the regional integration.
Action on the move: Monitoring, assessment and proposals for anti-crisis measures in conditions of a tight budget
The general goal of the action is to analyze and monitor budget spending for anti-crisis measures, at the national and local level, and to propose modification and/or new measures in conditions of an emphasized need for rationalization of public money spending.
Knowledge, measures and policy dialogue for child protection from the food and energy crisis
The primary objective of the project is to generate evidence about the impact of the food and energy crisis on overall and child poverty, as well as food and energy poverty, which will be used as a background for designing a roadmap for policy measures at national level.
Duration: December 2022 – March 2023
Scoping study to investigate the demand for green and social financing in North Macedonia
The objective of this study is to conduct the diagnosis – market analyses of high potential sectors in North Macedonia from a green and social stand point and to assess the market potential for new development credit lines.
Client: Agence Française de Développement
Partner: GFA Consulting Group
Duration: July – September 2022
Action for formalization of micro-performers of economic activity in the informal economy
The purpose of this action is to increase the formalization of micro-companies in North Macedonia, ie performers of economic activity in the informal economy. Hence, the action addresses legal informality. More specific objectives of the action include:
- Understand the reasons for the informality of micro-operators in the informal economy (high fees, high administrative burden, low probability of being discovered, poor awareness of the benefits of formalization, etc.)
- To understand the activity of informal micro-performers
- To design a map / list of all fees, including parafiscal charges, related to starting a micro-business and running it in the early years
- To propose: a) a plan for reduction of the costs for firming of micro-performers of activity, including rationalization of the duties identified in 3; and b) policy measures (fiscal, labor, information) that will encourage greater formalization of micro-operators.
Client: GIZ North Macedonia
Duration: May – September 2022
V4 support to promote WB6 Common Regional Market: one market for post-COVID recovery
The project focuses on sharing experiences, transferring knowledge and recommending further regional economic integration through development of the WB6 Common Regional Market using experiences from ex-CEFTA and V4 after integration into the EU single market.
Analysis of SDG Financing Landscape
The objective of the SDG Financial Landscape Analysis is to map all financing flows, with the aim to identify potential approaches and activities that can contribute to efficient use of existing resources for SDG achievement and greater alignment and investment by development partners on sustainable development priorities.
Duration: June – November 2021
Assessment of Resource Capabilities for Implementation of the National Development Strategy
The purpose of the analysis is to identify the available and necessary resources to achieve the development goals of North Macedonia.
Bridging measures to alleviate Covid-19 consequences
The aim of the project is to develop proposed measures to mitigate the consequences of Covid-19, as a form of operationalization of the United Nations document “North Macedonia: UN Covid-19 Response Framework (CRF)”.
Duration: July – November 2020
Reaping export-oriented companies’ potential to contribute to post-Covid-19 recovery
The project aims to identify potentials of export oriented capacities including already existed foreign investors in the country to support economic recovery.
- To identify capacities to adapt and shift current production according to changed demand (new operation, components, complementary products, etc)
- To identify the potentials for regional re-positioning and utilization of global geographical allocation shifting and cost reduction strategy
- To identify potential for injections of capital that parent’s company will make to affiliated companies in the country (to shift operations from other geographical locations, or to modify current production, etc).
- To identify obstacles for export and growth
- To identify needs for economic measures that will maximize identified potentials
Duration: October 2020 – March 2021
Donor: British Embassy – Skopje