The main objective of the summer school is to provide knowledge, skills and advice on Data Analysis to be utilized in public policy analysis and evaluation by advanced undergraduate students, master’s students, PhD candidates and young scholars in economics. The summer school’s theme is “Data Analysis for Public Policy”.
The summer school will focus on building quantitative skills in the following domains:
- Basic regression and assumptions underlying the classical linear regression model
- Diagnostic testing
- Introduction to data analysis with Stata (basic commands, visualizations, cross-tabulations)
- Application of the regression basics to calculation of the gender pay gap
- Selection in econometrics: Heckman model
- Selection in econometrics: Repeated imputations (simulation exercise)
- Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition
- Quintile regression
- Introduction to Data Analysis Using R
- Mixed Linear Models
The participants will have the opportunity to workout learnt knowledge directly in Stata and R, guided by prominent regional scholars, including interactive and dynamic discussions.
Donor: Western Balkans Fund
Partners: School of Business and Economics at the University of Sarajevo and the Research Center at the University of Belgrade
Call for applications